[Twisted-Python] incompatible change in 15.3 - something reviewers should look for

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 11 16:24:10 MDT 2015

In https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/changeset/45163 twisted.internet.application.service.Service to be a new-style class.  Just to remind everyone, converting an old-style class to a new-style class is an incompatible change, and reviewers should look for this.

We discovered this because this change breaks https://github.com/twisted/axiom, and probably it breaks other packages as well, since lots of things inherit from Service.  So please remain diligent about looking for this in future changes.  Now that it's been changed, reverting it in 15.4 would be another incompatible change, so we probably won't do that, but please keep an eye out in the future.

-glyph