[Twisted-Python] Windows CFFI Implementation?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Apr 7 15:45:01 MDT 2015

> On Apr 6, 2015, at 22:44, Oliver Palmer <oliverpalmer at opalmer.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Twisted for a while now and for the most part I've been quite pleased with it.

Glad to hear it!

> But, I wouldn't mind if the pywin32/wheel+pypiwin32 requirements went away on Windows.

	.

	.

	.

>     https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7477 <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7477>
	.

	.

	.

> Would anyone object to me doing some work on this?

This is the default answer for any ticket in Twisted, but: absolutely not.  Please go ahead and work away.

The ideal end-state here would be to replace not only the dependency on pywin32, but also the IOCP Pyrex support with an as-needed cffi wrapper for whatever Windows APIs we need.

In the meanwhile, hopefully the new "extras" support (arriving in a release any minute now) will mitigate the symptoms while we work on the root cause.

-glyph