[Twisted-Python] Python 3.3 buildslaves

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri Sep 26 02:26:46 MDT 2014

On 15 September 2014 07:38, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Special privileges are required because one of the aspects of buildslave maintenance is cloud control panel access to the cloud providers that maintain this hardware, which, if abused, could end up billing the non-profit which manages Twisted's funds an unlimited amount of money.  The buildbots are also managed via shell accounts, which could of course be used to deploy malware.
>
> If you are interested in helping to perform maintenance on the buildslaves, access to those permissions could be arranged for you.  It had not occurred to me to ask you before, because if I recall correctly, you'd refused commit privileges when they were offered in the past.
>
> -glyph
Sorry for the delay.

I would like to help the Twisted project in any way... including with
buildslave maintenance. I think that at this level I only need ssh
access.

--------

I refused commit privileges as  I wanted to contribute more patches
and do more reviews as a read-only contributors, before starting to
mess with Twisted repo.

I think that it would be nice to have some process to initiate new
contributors to the whole review process and once one or more
senior-reviewers consider that the new contributors is good to do
reviews by itself, to give him commit privileges.

Cheers,

--
Adi Roiban