[Twisted-Python] workflow

Hynek Schlawack hs at ox.cx
Fri Sep 12 03:29:04 MDT 2014

On 12 Sep 2014, at 8:20, Daniel Sank wrote:

> I would greatly benefit from some direction regarding workflow. In
> particular, how do you guys deal with having an installed version of
> twisted, and a version (versions?) with which to tinker?
>
> Currently, I have twisted installed in the normal end user way, and I
> have
> a clone of my fork of the git repo. I mess around in the git repo
> clone,
> but I don't know how to e.g. run the tests or run applications using
> the
> git clone.
>
> glyph explained this to me on irc a while back. Are the instructions
> from
> that recorded somehwere?
>
> Why am I asking? Because I want to do reviews and I'm not doing it
> because
> I don't know how to set up a sane environment.

Like any other project: I have a virtualenv where I install Twisted’s
git checkout with “pip -e .” plus all the dependencies I need.

I also have a tox.ini for common permutations of deps and Python 3, but
unfortunately the tests tend to fail with weird heisenerrors at least on
OS X so I can’t rely on that.