[Twisted-Python] Status of trac upgrade

Jonathan Ballet jon at multani.info
Thu May 29 07:55:37 MDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 03:13:01PM +0200, Hynek Schlawack wrote:
> On 23 May 2014, at 15:11, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>
> >I was just wondering what the current status of the effort to upgrade trac
> >on twistedmatrix.com is.
>
> I could hear the crickets all the way down to Madagascar.
>
> So what *is* the status?  The current state is really hardly bearable; the
> spam is taking completely over. :(  Wasn’t there a successful dry run at the
> PyCon sprints?

For this matter: I expressed a few times my interest here to help
Twisted move to Git, and upgrading Trac was a requirement.
Although I basically don't have any special rights in the Twisted
project (oh, I can edit the wiki now!), I would be happy to help in any
ways to complete this migration, I'm just not sure what I can do, and
how it can be done.

However, I really won't be able to do anything before end of July, but
after that, I will be able to dedicate time to help on this, and
hopefully the Git migration (or things connected to) as well...

 Jonathan