[Twisted-Python] [ANN] thimble 0.1.0

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Mon May 19 03:29:13 MDT 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I think this is the sort of thing that should move into Twisted itself,
> eventually.  Thoughts?

I agree! There's a few things I'd like to work out with the freedom to
break things of a v0.x.x semver version before that happens though.

Notably, this thing assumes that all attribute accesses are thread-safe and
synchronous. That's often true, but hey, this is Python, so you get to do
whatever you want when you access an attribute (and @property even makes it
easy to do so). Also because right now I'm suggesting a pool with a singled
thread for synchronized access to an object that isn't thread safe;
especially if you *know* the object isn't thread safe you probably want
something to take care of attribute access too :-)

hth
lvh