[Twisted-Python] Why would someone need SSHTransportAddress?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon May 19 00:27:10 MDT 2014

This email is bases on comment from https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5999

I fail to see the reason why SSHTransportAddress exist and why would
anyone need It.

SSHTransportAddress is an IAddress which has a single member called
"address" and which is an IAddress ...

In case SSHTransportAddress is useful and people should start using
it, maybe this is a bug in SSHTransportAddress documentation as it
should stat why someone want to use it instead of directly using any
address define in twisted.internet.address

SSHTransportAddress was introduced in this ticket
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2997 and since it was reviewed
and approved by 2 other persons, I guess that I am the only one
failing to understand
to purpose of this class.

Thanks!

--