[Twisted-Python] TCP and ICMP

Jay Shah jayshah30392 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 08:29:51 MDT 2014

Hiee All,

I have very simple question. I have already implemented custom reactor for
handling ICMP requests (reference: txnettools) . My problem is: i am
implementing tcp traceroute. I have handled all icmp time exceed messages.
But, i want to handle tcp syn-ack reply which i am getting from remote
server.
How can i do that ?
Can i start listening to TCP syn req or replies on the same reactor on
which i am listening to icmp replies ?
or
should i install new custom reactor for listening to tcp replies ?
I want to parse SYN ACK request ONLY. Neither I want to make a new
connection with remote server nor handling them! I just need syn ack
replies to be parsed so that i can figure out whether i have reached my
destination or not.
thank you.

Jay Shah
(Technische Universität München,