[Twisted-Python] git?

Jonathan Ballet jon at multani.info
Sun Mar 16 22:34:30 MDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:47:21AM +0900, Jonathan Ballet wrote:

> > This would be an even more straightforward patch to Twisted, in twisted.python.versions.
>
> I've created #7036 for this task.

So, I was looking at twisted.python.versions and I'm wondering how is it
supposed to work with recent versions of Subversion (the ones which
removed all the ".svn" in all the sub-directories, I don't know which
one started this.)

Say that I'm checkout-ing trunk into "trunk/", set up the Python's path
and everything and now, I would like to use the Version class from this
module.

I'm using something like this:

  >>> from twisted.python.versions import Version
  >>> v = Version('twisted', 1, 2, 3)
  >>> print v._getSVNVersion()
  None

Looking at
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/python/versions.py#L210
(line 210 to 215), I don't know how it supposed to work with recent
version of Subversion:

 * the "twisted" module in this case would refer to the file
   "trunk/twisted/__init__.py"
 * but the ".svn" directory is going to be in "trunk/.svn" so the
   function always returns None

Additionally, it doesn't seem there's any parser for recent Subversion's
database?
So, how useful is that module at that moment?

 Jonathan