[Twisted-Python] Help non-commiter to fully test their changes locally or remote

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sat Mar 1 03:03:46 MST 2014

On 28 February 2014 17:34, HawkOwl <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> TwistedChecker is kind of maintained by me - I've just not had the
> drive to work on it as much as other things :)

Right now I want to fix all errors produced during apidocs generation and
I like pedantic linters so maybe I can help with making twistedcheker
easier to use.

> Some of the invalid TwistedChecker errors are hard to solve - some are
> because they're hard to detect statically (for example, `some_var %
> 20` - is this string formatting, or modulo? Who knows, without runtime
> inspection).

Maybe those kind of errors could be documented in a list so that a
developer could run twistedcheker in a mode
where any reported error is a real error and should be fixed.

We can also have a 'crazy' run for twistedcheker where ambiguous errors are
reported and that require
a human to review them.

TwistedChecker has some form of diff functionality. When I get the
> time I might have to think of how to do it locally, rather than
> relying on the buildbots.

I will look at how --diff works and will try to document how devs can run
in locally.

Regards,
> HawkOwl

Thanks for the feedback!