[Twisted-Python] Trac downtime

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jun 23 16:48:49 MDT 2014

On Jun 23, 2014, at 3:49 AM, Itamar Turner-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:

> Can we re-enable general commenting now? Or is the spam setup still in progress?

Currently no spam setup is in progress.

In a sense, the Trac upgrade is orthogonal to the spam problem.  Upgrading Trac didn't change anything about the spam.

However, the Trac upgrade provides access to a lot more Trac plugins, including more recent authentication and registration and signup and spam filtering plugins, so there are many more options now available.  If someone wanted to tackle this problem we now have a path forward for them to do so, without having to deal with the mess of a Trac schema upgrade :).

-glyph