[Twisted-Python] Protocol for socket.io

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 11:42:02 MST 2014

Hi:

I searched the archive but couldn't find an answer so here goes:
I am also new to all this

I need to write a server that receives socket.io requests. I see Twisted has support for WebSocket. I also see that the Tornado2 socket.io is used alongside Twisted (I didn't know that this was possible). I read that socket.io uses WebSocket whenever possible. I have just started to look at the js implementation of socket.io and the specification. I am trying to gauge how hard is it to write a socket.io protocol/handler. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Or do I really need to learn Tornado?

Cheers,
Andrew