[Twisted-Python] Better usage of Twisted on multi core processor

Sumanth Puram spuram at kiwiup.com
Mon Jan 20 02:15:37 MST 2014

Hi all,

I have a twisted TCP server to listens to client, processes requests, do
mysql database operations if needed (using adbapi Connection pool) and
return the result. Before deploying this in production, I want to know
right way to configure the server.

Since twisted is single threaded, how can I leverage multiple cores of my
production machine (which has 6 cores and 16 GB RAM) ?

One approach that I thought of was to start multiple instances of twisted
server on different ports. This would help in using the other cores as
well. What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks
-Sumanth