[Twisted-Python] strategies for tracking down memory issues

Jonathan Vanasco twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Fri Jan 17 13:43:11 MST 2014

some recent changes to a very-happy twisted daemon have resulted in a process that grows in memory until it crashes the box.  boo!

looking through the code and logs, i'm wondering if i''ve coded things in such a way that defferds or deferrd lists are somehow not getting cleaned up if an unhandled exception occurs.

i've been looking through all my former notes and some questions on stack overflow, and I've seen a lot of info on using heapy and other tools to find issues on a function-by-function basis.

i'm wondering if anyone has experience in simply monitoring the lifecycle of deferreds ?