[Twisted-Python] Like to write some code for Twisted

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Feb 10 16:19:13 MST 2014

On Feb 7, 2014, at 1:06 PM, Surya <kasturi.surya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'm Surya - github.com/ksurya

Hi Surya!

> I have been working on Django and consider as beginner in Python and
> Django or may be a little bit more than a beginner.

Welcome to the Twisted community.

> After dealing with pretty high level layers, I am curious to work on
> the low level layers and contribute some code. That said, I haven't
> really worked on Twisted anytime and didn't dwell into this stack.

Glad to hear you're interested!

> So, I was wondering if there anyone who can offer some specific help
> to get me started.

I think the best I can do is to ask you: what are your interests?  Twisted does a lot of things: web, email, chat, name servers, and authentication to name a few things.  Do you have any specific interests in these areas, or do you just want to work on the lowest-level thing possible?  Have you looked through the bug tracker?  Usually it's best to familiarize yourself with our development process by submitting a very small change, like a fix for a typo, and just get it through code review and committing.

-glyph