[Twisted-Python] running twisted with supervisord -- logging question

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 22 21:50:13 MDT 2014

On August 22, 2014 at 6:52:02 PM, Jonathan Vanasco (twisted-python at 2xlp.com) wrote:

hoping someone can answer this question-

i can't seem to get my logging right while using supervisord

i'm not using twisted logging, just the regular python logging infrastructure.

the two end-results I've had:

- everything double-logs into twistd.log & /var/log/supervisor.log
- anything this is `print`'ed appears in my twistd.log , but none of the `log.debug()` lines appear

the end result I want, is for debug info from the twisted process to be recorded in a single file

I prefer to use

	twistd -n -l - ...

passing ‘-' to -l means “log to stdout”.

Without your code, we can’t know how you’re configuring python logging, and what may be wrong with it. This should be the baseline for using twistd with supervisor if you want to let supervisor handle logging. FYI, you can configure supervisor to put the output in a different file than /var/log/supervisor.log, too.

--
Christopher Armstrong
http://twitter.com/radix