[Twisted-Python] Is there pb documentation somewhere?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 8 12:26:15 MDT 2014

On 05:57 pm, glyph at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

>On Aug 7, 2014, at 10:42 AM, Daniel Sank <sank.daniel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>glyph,
>>
>> > I really wish we would stop calling things "bad" and "good".
>>
>>My wording of exarkun's wording. He gave a much more detailed
>>description of what he think's is "crazy" about pb.
>
>This was a complaint about a general trend, not about specific words.
>Clearly exarkun gave you the impression that it is "bad", whether he
>specifically said so or not.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

Do you want people to not describe the shortcomings of certain pieces of
software?

Or do you want people not to conclude from such descriptions that those
pieces of software are not the most well suited for certain
applications?

Or do you want people to write two pages of description every time they
want to refer to the idea that a certain piece of software isn't the
best choice for a certain application?

Could you clarify what you think the problem here actually is?

>We're all intimately familiar with everything that's terrible about all
>of our code, and we aren't shy about sharing.  I just would like it if
>we could really lead with the details and refrain from value judgements
>:).

In this case, it seems like that's exactly what happened.  I led with
detail.  The value judgement of PB being "bad" (which is a gross over-
simplification, but a convenient shorthand) came afterwards.

Jean-Paul