[Twisted-Python] question about subprocess

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 01:36:10 MDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 02:51 AM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> i was looking at reactor.SpawnProcess -- which I know is more
> correct.  it just seems to be a bit annoying to use

Are you aware of twisted.internet.utils.getProcessOutputAndValue? For
simple spawn/check cases, that's pretty much always the best option IMO.

If you have a case where you need to write to a child process - well, I
don't see how you hope to avoid using spawnProcess and a
ProcessProtocol; like others I'd be interested to hear what you dislike
about the API (I have problems with a bunch of Twisted APIs, but that
one I quite like ;o)