[Twisted-Python] Cancelling a pb callRemote

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 18 10:34:41 MDT 2013

On 04:08 pm, p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk wrote:
>On 18/09/13 17:00, burak at nehbit.net wrote:
>>+1 for AMP.
>
>Wow, lots of people using AMP. Maybe I'm missing out on something...
>
>Don't people miss the symmetry of PB? Not to mention you can be lazy
>and avoid defining a schema! Or are people using Twisted->Other AMP
>connections?

AMP is symmetric in the same way PB is.

I like AMP's explicit schemas because they make maintenance and
documentation easier.

And I am 98% certain more people are using AMP to interoperate with non-
Twisted software than are using PB to interoperate with non-Twisted
software. ;)

Basically, I think PB tries to do too much and does it on a slightly
shaky foundation.  It is totally possible to build stuff using PB that
works but in my experience it is a bit easier to do so with AMP and I am
more comfortable with prospects for making AMP cooler in the future due
to the simplicity of its implementation compared to the implementation
of PB (that said, here we are *years* later and I am still waiting for
good AMP support for streaming data - so it's not all roses over here).

Jean-Paul