[Twisted-Python] Twisted Users on Windows XP

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 09:36:32 MDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2013, at 8:45 AM, Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's also worth noting that there are a fair number of people (at least I
> know some) who use their old XP licenses for testing Windows software in
> VMs, especially if they're usually working in Linux or Mac OS X.
>

> Do you, yourself do this?
>
> Anywhere possible it would be nice to identify real, actual users rather
> than hypothetical proto-users :-).
>
> -glyph

Well, I haven't in a year or two, because I haven't needed to test anything
on Windows in a while (mostly writing web stuff these days).

But I thought it was worth pointing out.

Perhaps of more interest (or perhaps not) is that I myself was running
WinXP until about a year ago, and only really upgraded because I had some
hardware fail and it's...unpleasant...to install WinXP on modern
processors, since the XP installer doesn't seem to know what to do with
multi-core processors (or at least the processor I was using).

--
Kevin Horn