[Twisted-Python] "mind" introduced strangely in pb howto

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Thu Oct 24 01:02:15 MDT 2013

> I just tried to register so I could do that. When I clicked on the register button
> after filling out the username/password fields my browser (firefox) brought
> up a notice that the security certificate is invalid because of unavailable
> issuance chain information. Knowing absolutely nothing about internet
> security issues I thought I should mention this and ask if this is expected
> behavior.

I wouldn't call that expected behavior, since

a) the certificate used on twistedmatrix.com contains (as it should) intermediate CA certs also (see attachments)

b) Firefox (but not Chrome) is usually able to dynamically retrieve intermediate CA certs to fill in gaps in the certificate chain

Mmmh.

Probably you are on a locked down network where a MITM TLS proxy kicks which rewrites the cert.

If you care, could you open the page in your browser, double click the small "lock icon" left to the "https://" in the address bar and send a screenshot of the dialog shown (as the one attached)?

/Tobias