[Twisted-Python] FTP without the protocol

Lloyd Carothers lloyd at passcal.nmt.edu
Wed Oct 23 15:41:27 MDT 2013

Hi, all,
  I have many users that need to send data to me for archival. Large
data sets in many files (10,000's of files 100s of GB per file set.) Up
to this point the users use a ftp client wrapper that uploads data to my
FTP server. This has become too problematic with firewalls etc. and I
now have the time to write a new client/server of my own; A ftp server
for uploads only.

  I'm looking into using twisted, but am very open to other
suggestions/solutions.

  For such a use case I'm surprised not to find an example. I think I
just need a push in the right direction. Is producers/consumers the
right approach?

Thanks in advance,
  Lloyd