[Twisted-Python] "mind" introduced strangely in pb howto

Daniel Sank sank.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 00:11:57 MDT 2013

Dear Twisted readers,

I am trying to learn to ins and outs of twisted.spread.pb with the
official howto as my main point of reference. When I get to the
section "Managing Clients of Perspectives" the first sentence reads

"In all the IPerspective uses we have shown so far, we ignored the
mind argument and created a new Avatar for every connection. This is
usually an easy design choice, and it works well for simple cases."

This seems odd because nothing in the howto up to this point mentions
a "mind argument". Also IPerspective and Avatar are only briefly
introduced but never used in example up to this point.

I'm not good enough with pb yet to want to suggest an alteration but
this confused me enough that I thought I should bring it up.

Yours sincerely
--
Daniel Sank
Department of Physics