[Twisted-Python] txThings - simple library for CoAP protocol

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Mon Oct 7 11:40:51 MDT 2013

> > E.g., as a start, we could have a dedicated page on the Twistedmatrix
> > Web site "Twisted for Things" for intro and collecting links, articles
> > etc
>
> Fun fact: the very first class in the very first thing that would eventually
> become Twisted was called "Thing".  ;-)

What a prevision;)

> > Dummy question: how would I contribute to the Trac-based Web site
> content?
>
> Just click on the "edit" button at the bottom of any wiki page.  Some of the
> pages (like the front page) are locked to prevent abuse, but I can give you
> whatever extra permissions you need if you want to work on the site.

Yes please, I'd like to contribute to the site.

I have visited a dozen pages from the Index, and I have no "edit" button .. nowhere. I am logged in ("oberstet") .. I can file/edit tickets.

I would start by creating a new page, following http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/WikiNewPage, and - at this point - only add a link to the new page from the Index page.

A general question regarding using Trac as a Website system: the landing page does only links to a couple of further pages.
How are user supposed to navigate around? Always via the Index page?

You know, I haven't done a lot systematic looking around exactly for that reason .. when I look for Twisted docs/pages, I basically Google for them (sometimes restricting the search to Twistedmatrix).
The UX of the Website is .. unusual .. or I just don't get it.

/Tobias