[Twisted-Python] raw socket IWriteDescriptor

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 1 01:54:48 MDT 2013

On 10/01/2013 08:30 AM, David Stainton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement an IWriteDescriptor using raw sockets.
> So far this is what I wrote... but it doesn't work:
> https://github.com/david415/hushTCP/blob/master/hush_writer.py
>
> Am I doing something obviously wrong here?

I don't see you trying to add the raw socket to the reactor anywhere;
typically you'll want to do at least reactor.addWriter(hush), but for a
proper implementation there's more - see the IReactorFDSet docs.

You may want to look at the udp code in Twisted to see how this is done
under the hood (although TBH it can be hard to follow!)