[Twisted-Python] [twisted.mail][newbie] return tempfail (4xx) after eomReceived()

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 25 04:36:31 MST 2013

On 10:06 am, sangiovanni at nweb.it wrote:
>Hi,
>
>thanks for your anwser, and forgive my late follow up.
>So, I understand that this feature is currently missing in twisted. I
>suppose that the only thing to do in my case is to override the
>_messageHandled method, and implement all the logic needed to my
>purpose. Is this correct? Are you aware of some technique other people
>adopted?

Names that start with "_" are private and subject to change in any new
Twisted release.  In other words, there are no compatibility guarantees
for such names.

If you're comfortable with future Twisted releases breaking this feature
of your software then yes, this sounds like a workable approach.

Another approach would be to contribute to Twisted - help resolve the
ticket I linked to by introducing a new public API for controling the
response code.

Jean-Paul