[Twisted-Python] Final request URI from an Agent response

Jonathan Jacobs jonathan+twisted at jsphere.com
Sat Mar 16 10:52:20 EDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> However, there's no reason we can't have an object that
> represents an IRI *without* writing a parser for all those forms.  Agent
> only needs minimal functionality of being able to figure out the
> hostname, port number, and whatever makes up the rest.

Isn't this currently called twisted.web.client._URL? (Although _URL still
needs some more data to fill this role.)

I do like this idea, although I keep coming back to wondering how we
provide this to Request initially, an additional parameter was not received
with much enthusiasm on IRC. It would be unfortunate if Request.uri is
going to mean "the relative URI" forever. And, when the IRI ticket is
finally complete, are we going to have to introduce yet another API for
getting an IRI object?