[Twisted-Python] Final request URI from an Agent response

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 16 09:49:30 EDT 2013

On 02:20 am, itamar at futurefoundries.com wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Jonathan Jacobs <
>jonathan+twisted at jsphere.com> wrote:
>>Should the IRI branch be finished before attempting this ticket? (Note
>>that this doesn't necessarily include my volunteering.)
>The IRI ticket should *not* be a dependency. It would be nice, but it's
>unlikely it will happen anytime soon.

The hard part of the IRI ticket is parsing all the extremely complex
forms in which an IRI can appear, right?

If so, I agree.  However, there's no reason we can't have an object that
represents an IRI *without* writing a parser for all those forms.  Agent
only needs minimal functionality of being able to figure out the
hostname, port number, and whatever makes up the rest.