[Twisted-Python] How to dispatch message to different servers

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Mar 2 06:25:36 EST 2013

On 03/01/2013 10:27 PM, Glyph wrote:

>   What is AMP too much of?  Memory?  CPU?  Bandwidth?  API complexity?
>   Code size?  As compared to what?

FWIW, every time (all three of them...) I've looked at AMP I got rapidly
bored and ended up using PB. My use-cases have usually been
Twisted->Twisted, and the AMP "Command" definition, and syncing said
defs up at both ends, was hassle I didn't need.

When I need to talk to external systems I almost always use some REST,
XMLRPC or JSON-RPC interface, because they're usually available
out-of-the-box.

I also don't care for the idea of statically typing the command defs;
I'm sure this helps when talking to languages with crappy typing
systems, but honestly - who uses Java these days? ;o)