[Twisted-Python] How do you write a setup.py that installs plugins?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jun 28 11:41:30 MDT 2013

On Jun 28, 2013, at 10:30 AM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> On 02:50 pm, _ at lvh.io wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> How are you supposed to write a setup.py that installs twistd plugins?
>
> See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7275295

As an open source maintainer, I should be able to tell you how setup.py works... however viewer, it is one of the greatest mysteries in the scientific world.  It would be good to raise this question on a different mailing list; one with lots of people with knowledge of internals of packaging tools.  If any of them need clarification on the Twisted side of things, I'd be happy to expand and improve the question.

-glyph