[Twisted-Python] Difficulty restarting/shutting down a twisted server - ports not closing

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jun 10 23:46:33 MDT 2013

On Jun 10, 2013, at 9:38 PM, Paul Sajna <sajattack at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a bit of trouble setting up an ssh-type server with twisted. When I shutdown or restart the server, the port remains open. Please have a look at my stackoverflow question. Thank you.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16379504/port-object-has-no-attribute-socket/16380253?noredirect=1#comment23490486_16380253

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time working out how to do what you want with Twisted, but there's already an answer on this question.

The answer tells you to stop using threads, but you don't seem to have stopped using threads.  Add an example that doesn't use threads, or try the example I put in my answer.

Also, Twisted 9.0 is 5 years old at this point.  Many, many bugs have been fixed since then.  You may want to upgrade to a more recent version.

I'm still happy to help you with this if you can explain what, exactly, you still don't understand.

-glyph