[Twisted-Python] Stopping Reactor in UnitTest Callback

Fabian Rothfuchs fabian.rothfuchs at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:34:45 EST 2013

Hey again!
Having the setup doing quite well so far, I just ran into a problem that I
do not know how to debug:

Testcase `setUp()` starts a server that subclasses
`twisted.web.resource.Resource` , as it's going to be a lightweight SOAP
server, responding with hard-coded xml strings.
Purpose is to check the request for validity.

The Testcase's `test_*()` function initiates a client request by using the
suds module. I now discovered that the server process started in `setUp()`
hangs as long as the suds connection did not finish.
Which is a deadlock, as it cannot finish unless the server sent the
response.

When trying to connect to the server via telnet, I do not get any response
unless the suds connection is lost.

Snippets:
TestCase: http://dpaste.org/pmg6Y/
TestServer: http://dpaste.org/NOLb8/