[Twisted-Python] Twisted Names strings

Angelo Dell'Aera angelo.dellaera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:37:12 EST 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:19:01 -0000
exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> Absolutely.  This issue has been reported in connection to Wokkel
> already:
>   http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/6245
> There is currently a fix proposed and waiting review, and there has
> been some discussion about doing a maintenance release of 12.3 to
> distribute the fix.  Thank you for reporting your experience with
> 12.3.0 (although testing during the /pre/-release period would have
> saved everyone some trouble :).
> It would be great if you could try out the proposed fix and let us
> know if it also addresses the problem with your application.

I didn't have the possibility to test the fix during the last days (hopefully will do
in the next hours) but taking a look at the fix proposed by ralphm

it seems like the patch is not complete because a similar check (and potential
conversion) should be inserted in the twisted.names.dns.Name __init__ method
too. Am I wrong?

Angelo Dell'Aera 'buffer'
Antifork Research, Inc.		http://buffer.antifork.org
Sysenter Honeynet Project	http://www.sysenter-honeynet.org