[Twisted-Python] TypeError: Class advice impossible in Python3

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jan 13 00:48:26 EST 2013

On Jan 12, 2013, at 7:29 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> On 03:15 am, abhishekbhat at hotmail.com wrote:
>> Itamar
>> Is there some sort of upper bound on when PB would be available for
>> Python3.3? I am hoping to use it for a Python3 project.
>
> As with any development, it will happen when people do it. :)  Twisted
> development is almost entirely on a volunteer basis, and people mostly
> work on what they personally want to work on.
>
> If you're wondering who's currently working on porting PB to Python 3, I
> don't think anyone is.

Hi Abhishek,

_You_ could always contribute a port of PB to Python 3.  PB is itself a pretty self-contained module with not many dependencies outside of what's already been ported.  Porting it to Python 3 should be relatively straightforward, and the existing python 3 ports should provide a good example of how to do it.

-glyph