[Twisted-Python] Must avatarId always be a string?

Jan Urbański wulczer at wulczer.org
Wed Jan 9 08:04:40 EST 2013

On 09/01/13 13:49, Peter Westlake wrote:
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/cred.html says
> that the avatarId parameter to IRealm.requestAvatar must be a string,
> not even a Unicode string. I'm using LDAP for authentication, and the
> checker retrieves the full LDAP entry for the user as a side-effect of
> authentication.

I remember discussing this on IRC with someone not long ago and he
pointed me to this thread:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2010-September/022826.html

I have faced a similar problem myself and after reading the code I've
resolved to wilfully disregarding the documentation and passing tuples
around, accepting that if it breaks, I get to keep both pieces.

Cheers,
Jan