[Twisted-Python] combine local and remote calls in perspective brokers

Sergey Gerasimov sergun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:15:55 EST 2013

From: Itamar Turner-Trauring [mailto:itamar at futurefoundries.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 4:38 AM
To: sergun at gmail.com; Twisted general discussion
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] combine local and remote calls in perspective brokers

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Sergey Gerasimov <sergun at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello to all!

I’m using PB as communication protocol for components of my system.

Components can be located locally on the only one machine or in distributed fashion. It depends on the config file.

At the moment all communications are implemented as callRemote calls. I would like to keep this unified way of communication but make inter-machine calls as efficient as possible. What is the best way to do that?

When you say "locally", is it still different processes talking to each other? Talking over TCP loopback on the same machine is pretty efficient, and unlikely to be a bottleneck, so you don't necessarily have to do anything special.

-Itamar

Itamar,

nn my case “locally” means local objects in the only one process.