[Twisted-Python] Building a TCP server, having issues

Adam Heller sk82712 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:09:09 EST 2013

Guys,
I'll try to be as exact as I can be with my question, but it may end up
being pretty broad. (I'm also relatively new to python, please go easy on
my code although suggestions are of course welcome.)

The issue I'm running into:
When a user connects to the TCP server, they are displayed a welcome menu
of things they can do. I'm simply catching the 'data' in an if statement to
determine which menu item was picked.  The problem is that some of the menu
items require further input.  I've had to use a series of bools to
determine if a certain menu option was previously picked that will then
directly send the data into the function / class.  Is there an easier way
to go about this? My current method seems a bit backwards and over
complicated.  I'm thinking I missed something in the documentation.

Anyway, here's the code: https://infotomb.com/q4293 // Pass: twisted

(it was part of a challenge, so to speak, don't take too much out of
context)

You can see I had trouble with next() and dh().  I'm now trying to move
this TCP 'framework' over to another project (the above was already
submitted), and I'm still running into the same issues.

Thoughts?

-A