[Twisted-Python] imap google mail client

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Feb 11 18:57:40 EST 2013

On Feb 11, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Luca Sbardella <luca.sbardella at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like 'run' (A) overrides the base reactor's implementation, and (B) doesn't actually run the reactor.
>
> Correct, that is the intention, pulsar is the driver and the PulsarReactor is a proxy to one of pulsar event loops.
>
> it's probably a more serious underlying problem that just happens to be initially visible with your TLS connection.
>
> The main issue was the missing implementation of callFromThread and callInThread. I've also switched off signal handling, threads and scheduling, all handled by pulsar.

You need the signal handling for spawnProcess, unless you want to un-implement IReactorProcess.  By all means implement it in terms of pulsar's existing support - that's the whole reason the reactor is documented in terms of abstract interfaces - but you need to implement it nonetheless :).

> https://github.com/quantmind/pulsar/blob/handshake/pulsar/lib/tx.py
>
> I'm now getting mailboxes via a websocket. Looking promising.
>
> https://github.com/quantmind/pulsar/blob/handshake/examples/webmail/manage.py

Cool, glad to hear this effort is progressing.

-g