[Twisted-Python] Async RPC with Spyne and Twisted

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Sat Dec 28 10:23:37 MST 2013

Hi there,

As you might remember from the PyCon sprints, I've been working on
making async rpc work within Spyne using twisted.

That work is now mostly done, so I'm looking for your feedback on
how/whether I should improve the API or its implementation.

Here's a proof of concept:

https://github.com/plq/spyne/blob/9e96d166075cc3c9b57ce5accb97efe09f98fa62/examples/twisted/resource_push.py#L55

That example currently produces a regular html table.
spyne.protocol.html.* and spyne.protocol.xml are currently the only
supported protocols. I'll be working on making  other protocols
async-compliant (without breaking compatibility with sync code) in the
coming days.

At its heart, this is making use of lxml's incremental generation
functionality, described here:
http://lxml.de/api.html#incremental-xml-generation.

Awaiting your feedback.

Best,