[Twisted-Python] multiple log-in / perspective broker

Daniel Sank sank.daniel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 09:15:55 MST 2013

> Do your own cred login() to the new Realm, or maybe Portal if need
> auto auth.

The way I understand currently is like this:

r = MyIRealmImplementer()
p = portal.Portal(r)
pbFactory = pb.PBServerFactory(p)
reactor.listenTCP(<port number>, pbFactory)
reactor.run()

The API documentation for Portal specifically says that each Portal
gets exactly one Realm. Therefore, I don't see how to add another
Realm to the system without another listenTCP call on a new port. Is
that what I'm supposed to do?

The reason I'm not going for the listen-on-a-new-port idea is that I'd
have as many open ports as chat rooms, which smells funny to me. What
I really want is for the client processes to receive one new Avatar
instance representing their access for each chat room into which they
enter. If this is misguided please advise.

> Read how urgent existing login code works, it is just a thin layer.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Is there a particular
example I can look at?