[Twisted-Python] ISSLTransport.getPeerCertificate returning None?

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Mon Dec 9 15:19:21 MST 2013

Hi!

I'm trying to authenticate a client by looking at their SSL certificate.
I'm calling it from within an AMP responder (so, there's bytes going over
the TLS transport already), and it's still None, so this is unrelated to
calling it in connectionMade. That leads me to believe my client is doing
something wrong...

I've followed the SSL howto on how to write a client that sends a client
cert:

https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/ssl.html#auto9

My client is here:

https://gist.github.com/lvh/d8d9f0b530d07a087da4

... but in the server's AMP protocol, self.transport.getPeerCertificate()
is still None :/

Any idea what's going on?

cheers
lvh