[Twisted-Python] tac2deb

François Delpierre twisted at pivert.org
Sun Aug 25 05:58:21 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having several problems with tac2deb:

    * First, it seems that the documentation is wrong. Like described in: https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/tutorial/configuration.html as any call to tap2deb as tap2deb --unsigned -m "Foo <foo at example.com>" --type=python finger.tac just ends with a /usr/bin/tap2deb: Wrong number of arguments.
    * When using the -t option, it seems it works, but it always ends with this kind of error:

dh_installdirs: No compatibility level specified in debian/compat dh_installdirs: This package will soon FTBFS; time to fix it! # Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp. cp tap.py debian/tmp/etc/ cp: cannot create regular file `debian/tmp/etc/': No such file or directory make: *** [install-stamp] Error 1 dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

I tried to upgrade twisted to latest version (13.1), but it did not fix the problems.

So, do we have a working example of using tap2deb with a recent twisted release (12-13)?

Thanks,

François Delpierre