[Twisted-Python] Multiplexing streams with Conch

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Aug 5 18:14:53 MDT 2013

On 5 Aug, 09:20 pm, _ at lvh.io wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Sorry, when editing and cutting my post I got rid of something
>important :-)
>
>When you log in, you get greeted by some terminal app, say something
>written with Urwid or so. In addition to that, on the client, you can
>start
>accepting connections on some TCP port, and at some point the server
>will
>connect to that. That stream should be multiplexed inside SSH. Also,
>The
>client should be able to make connections on localhost, which are also
>multiplexed and actually turn into transports inside the server.
>
>Would that be possible?

This is still sort of incomprehensible to me.  For example, you haven't
even said whether you're trying to develop the server side of this, the
client side, both, or what.  And why would a server ever try to make a
TCP connection to a port on the client?  Perhaps you can lay out your
goals in a bit more detail, skipping over fewer of the other important
details?

About the only part I understand is "multiplexing", to which the answer
is "probably, SSH does support multiple logical channels over a single
TCP connection".

Jean-Paul