[Twisted-Python] [Twisted-gsoc] Eligible for OPW this summer?

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Apr 30 18:41:57 EDT 2013

Send them to twisted-gsoc at twistedmatrix.com.

> A lot of the easy tickets are in some sense taken…at least have a patch.

Yeah, lots of Google Summer of Code candidates so we're running low.

> I think some of the more challenging require unit tests. I'm going to take a stab at #6484 which is to write a unit test for a particular procedure…essentially reverse engineering what it ought to do based on the existing code and then putting that into some unit tests. Let me know if you think something else would be better.
>
> Thanks for the help and suggestions.

That sounds like an OK ticket. If you look through the code there are
existing tests that create directory structures with some utility
function, IIRC.

Since the deadline is tomorrow, definitely send us code samples ASAP,
and you should make sure to send in your submission by the deadline
(https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen has the details). Was
there a particular project idea you wanted to work on?