[Twisted-Python] GSOC 2013 Project Idea for Twisted Matrix

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Sat Apr 20 05:31:47 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Chitrank Dixit <chitrankdixit at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good Evening

Hi! :-)

> Twisted Matrix is a great module for Networking and I would like to work
> with this project. I want to propose Twisted a new Idea of Promoting the
> project to Porting to Python 3 (with backward compatibility). Porting
> benefits by grabbing the Python 3 users and would prepare the Twisted for
> the Future.

Helping the Python 3 porting effort sounds like a GSoC project to me :) You
might not finish it (there's a lot of work, and some of the problems are
very tricky), but it's definitely an area I think deserves some full-time
attention.

Are you familiar with the Twisted contribution process? It is my
understanding that we ask GSoC students to find and fix a single, easy
(usually "easy" literally means minutes of actual work, once your system is
set up for Twisted development) to qualify, so that they're already
familiar with what they'd need to do.

cheers
lvh