[Twisted-Python] Coursera course on network design patterns

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Mon Apr 15 04:47:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

In this posting:
http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2012-November/026324.html

I mentioned that Professor. Douglas C. Schmidt is teaching a Coursera
course:
"Pattern-Oriented Software Architectures for Concurrent and Networked
Software"
This course is going on right now:

https://www.coursera.org/course/posa

There are a lot of very good video lectures in this course.
There are also several programming assignments.

Students are allowed to implement the programming assignments in whatever
language they want.  People are submitting assignments
in Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Scala.

For the students who wish to program in Python, I have been
pushing students to look at Twisted on the course discussion board.

I have also asked Prof. Schmidt to take assignment 3 for the course,
and add special wording for Twisted.   The assignment 3 targeted
at Twisted is here:

https://class.coursera.org/posa-001/human_grading/view/courses/970268/assessments/35/submissions

If there are some people in the Twisted community with some free time
who can help,  can you please join the course
(it is free) and provide feedback on the wording of the assignment?
It would help to correct any mistakes, and point people to the correct
sections of the Twisted documentation.
Since you need to join the class to see the wording of the assignment,
I am attaching it here.

This is a good opportunity to promote Twisted to new students who want
to use Python, but also learn how to implement network design patterns

Thanks.
--
Craig