[Twisted-Python] Silly txoauth with Twisted Client Question

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Wed Oct 24 04:24:47 EDT 2012

txoauth is something I started, then I realized I really hate oauth, then
it was "adopted" by simplegeo who afaik proceeded to not do anything with
it, and then I readopted it on github. There's not much work on it, but
what's there has a complete test suite.

ISTR glyph at one point describing an entire three-party oauth interaction
to me on the mailing list in Cred terms. If that knowledge didn't make it
into txoauth as it stands to day, perhaps it could still be dug up ;)

I had a hard time understanding it at first as well, but Cred'd work just
fine for the client too. The way it would work, IIRC, is that you run cred
on your client. The credentials checker is simply something that makes
remote requests. The realm returns, as always, an authenticated client.
Presumably, that object would compose an Agent to do what it needs to do.

Best of luck! I haven't touched oauth in years, but hopefully it'll work
out for you.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I am implementing a client that uses Twisted. I have to use oauth 2.0. I
> have started to read up on Oauth and Twisted cred.  I noticed that there is
> a txoauth. For now, my client is of the "it can't keep secrets" nature as
> described by Google.
>
> From my understanding Twisted Cred is used for implementing servers. What
> is used for clients? Or do I roll my own headers and implement the
> handshakes myself?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew
>
> P.S - I just started using Agent and CookieAgent (as opposed to getPage).
> Wow!

cheers
lvh