[Twisted-Python] ftp passive mode returning internal IP

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:02:02 EST 2012

On 20 November 2012 21:31, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't think there is support for configuring the advertised IP address.
> I don't know how EC2 ip forwarding works and how can you retrieve it.
>
> To use another IP address, in FTP.ftp_PASV(), look for the following lines:
>
>         self.dtpPort = self.getDTPPort(self.dtpFactory)
>
>         host = self.transport.getHost().host
>         port = self.dtpPort.getHost().port
>
> Just replace 'self.transport.getHost().host' with your required IP or
> another method for retrieving the IP address.
>
> Cheers,
> Adi

Cheers Adi, I've made a function that launches 'curl ifconfig.me' through
subprocess, and I call that and save it when the server starts.

Is this definitely the only place where I need to override the host?

I'd rather wrap the transport object to be sure but twisted is still pretty
magic to me and I'm struggling to find out where this ProtocolWrapper
object is originating from.