[Twisted-Python] ftp passive mode returning internal IP

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Tue Nov 20 16:31:31 EST 2012

Hi,

I don't think there is support for configuring the advertised IP address.
I don't know how EC2 ip forwarding works and how can you retrieve it.

To use another IP address, in FTP.ftp_PASV(), look for the following lines:

        self.dtpPort = self.getDTPPort(self.dtpFactory)

        host = self.transport.getHost().host
        port = self.dtpPort.getHost().port

Just replace 'self.transport.getHost().host' with your required IP or
another method for retrieving the IP address.

Cheers,
Adi

On 20 November 2012 22:47, Paul Wiseman <poalman at gmail.com> wrote:
> This possibly has nothing to do with twisted, but maybe if not someone may
> be able to point me in the right direction!
>
> Basically I've set up a twisted FTP server on ec2, and when a client tries
> to enter passive mode I'm getting this:
>
> Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (x,x,x,x,159,122).
> address instead.
>
> the x.x.x.x is the boxes private IP, rather than its public IP.
>
> It's getting this from ln. 851 in twisted/protocols/ftp.py v12.2.0
>
> Is there somehow I can change the way twisted is getting the IP, or is this
> an issue with the server set up itself?
>
> Any pointers or help on what to look/check for would be of huge help!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paul

Adi Roiban