[Twisted-Python] ftp passive mode returning internal IP

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:47:08 EST 2012

This possibly has nothing to do with twisted, but maybe if not someone may
be able to point me in the right direction!

Basically I've set up a twisted FTP server on ec2, and when a client tries
to enter passive mode I'm getting this:

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (x,x,x,x,159,122).
address instead.

the x.x.x.x is the boxes private IP, rather than its public IP.

It's getting this from ln. 851 in twisted/protocols/ftp.py v12.2.0

Is there somehow I can change the way twisted is getting the IP, or is this
an issue with the server set up itself?

Any pointers or help on what to look/check for would be of huge help!

Thanks!

Paul